Sooley's Safety Services News
Doug Sooley is Officially a Member of the CSSE (Canadian Society of Safety Engineers)
To help serve our clients better, I have become a member of the Canadian Society of Safety Engineers (CSSE) which will provide me with access to research and different methods to help me serve my clients.
Bill 148 Is Here - Fair Workplaces and Better Jobs Act
The increases to the minimum wage are now enacted into Law. Starting January 1, 2018 minimum wage will be $14.00 per hour with an additional increase to $15.00 an hour January 1, 2019. Check out the link below for more information.
TDG Training Now Available
Now offering Transportation of Dangerous Goods courses with wallet card and certificates specific for your company. Register today through our upcoming training and newsfeed page.
Health and Safety Site Visit and Inspection Service - starting at $160.00 per visit (taxes extra). Call or email now for more information and to schedule your visit.
Health and Safety Audit Special - Call or email me now to schedule your health and safety program audit to ensure you are compliant with the current Legislation and Standards.
Sooley's Safety Services
Ministry of Labour News Feed
For links and more information on current health and safety trends and events, check out my facebook page at:
- Worker Fatality in Brampton, Company Fined $175,000.00
- Worker Struck by Flying Metal, $60,000.00 for Montreal Company
- Worker Pulled into Traffic and Injured, Employer Fined $50,000.00
- First Nickel Inc Fined $1,300,000.00 After Two Workers Killed at Mine
- Two Companies Fined a Total of $285,000 After Worker Fatally Electrocuted by Overhead Lines
- Company Fined $125,000 for Death of Worker Struck by Falling Conveyor Frame
- Tree Cutter Killed in Elgin County
- Brampton Roofer Manufacturer Fined $65,000 After Worker Injury
- Freight Company Fined $85,000 After Worker Suffers Permanent Injury
- Ontario Triple the Maximum Fine to $1.5 Million for Companies for Health and Safety Violations
- Bruce Power Fined $110,000 After Worker Injury at Lake Huron Plant
- Company Fined $60,000 After Worker Falls From Peterborough Building
- Roofing Company Fined Again, Director Jailed
- Trenton Company Fined $55,000 After Worker Injured on Steel Struts
- Ontario Passes Legislation To Create Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs
- Three Companies Fined Total of $460,000 After Worker Injured During Windsor Detention Facility Construction
- Toronto Metal Fabrication Company Fined $50,000 After Worker Injured By Machine
- Toronto Crane Company Fined $95,000 After Worker Fatality
- Windsor Roofing Company Fined in Young Worker Fatality
Copyright © Sooley's Safety Service. All rights reserved.
Health and Safety Monthly Newsletter
Please use the form to the right to sign up and receive email information about health and safety tips, tools, consulting and training specials through our monthly newsletter.