Sooley's Safety Services News
Register for my newsletter below to obtain codes for discounts on some of my regular services.
- Health and Safety Site Visit and Inspection Services. Starting at $160.00 per visit (taxes extra). Call or email now for more information and to schedule your visit.
- Health and Safety Audit Special. Call or email me now to schedule your health and safety program audit to ensure you are compliant with the current Legislation and Standards. Starting at $300.00 (taxes extra).
Doug Sooley is Officially a Member of the CSSE (Canadian Society of Safety Engineers)
To help serve our clients better, I have become a member of the Canadian Society of Safety Engineers (CSSE) which will provide me with access to research and different methods to help me serve my clients.
Bill 148 Is Here - Fair Workplaces and Better Jobs Act
The increases to the minimum wage are now enacted into Law. Starting January 1, 2018 minimum wage will be $14.00 per hour with an additional increase to $15.00 an hour January 1, 2019. Check out the link below for more information.
Health and Safety in the News
For links and more information on current health and safety trends and events including Ministry of Labour fines and notifications, check out my facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/sooleyssafetyservice
- Meat Processing Company, Cleaning Service Both Fined in Worker Injury in Toronto - https://news.ontario.ca/mol/en/2018/06/meat-processing-company-cleaning-service-both-fined-in-worker-injury-in-toronto.html?utm_source=ondemand&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p
- Casino Workers Injured After Falling, Casino Rama Fined $50,000.00 - https://news.ontario.ca/mol/en/2018/06/casino-workers-injured-after-falling-casino-rama-fined-50000.html?utm_source=ondemand&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p
- Ottawa Coffee Shop Fined Company Fined $60,000.00 for Failing to Comply with Orders - https://news.ontario.ca/mol/en/2018/06/ottawa-coffee-shop-company-fined-60000-for-failing-to-comply-with-orders.html?utm_source=ondemand&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p
- Sudbury Company Fined $50,000 in Worker Fall - https://news.ontario.ca/mol/en/2018/05/sudbury-company-fined-50000-in-worker-fall.html?utm_source=ondemand&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p
- Ontario WSIB: Your Top 5 Questions Answered Canadiancontractor.ca. https://www.canadiancontractor.ca/canadian-contractor/ontario-wsib-top-5-questions-answered/1003283191/?custnum=2084822&title=&utm_source=471&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=180503Q
- Statement from the Minister of Labour Kevin Flynn on Mental Health Week May 7 - 13, 2018. https://mailchi.mp/37be941f02a7/may-7-13-is-mental-health-week-in-canada?e=ad40fcf42b
- Worker Killed on Cheese Production Line in Trenton, Company Fined $150,000.00
- Worker Fatality in Stoney Creek Results in $150,000 Fine for Steel Company
- MOL Provincial Blitzes for 2018-2019 Announced https://www.ontario.ca/page/workplace-inspection-blitzes-and-initiatives
- Changes to Consolidated Set Fine Schedules from Set Fine Orders or Provincial Regulations http://www.ontariocourts.ca/ocj/how-do-i/set-fines/changes-to-the-consolidated-set-fine-schedules/
- Company Fined $90,000.00 After Worker Suffers Critical Injuries in Fall From Heights
- Part of Crane Collapses in Mississauga (Insauga.com) https://www.insauga.com/part-of-crane-collapses-in-mississauga
- Statement from Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety System on Workplace Safety https://mailchi.mp/718474be7a69/statement-from-ontarios-occupational-health-and-safety-system?e=ad40fcf42b
- Concrete Pumper Injures Worker, Manotick Company Fined $70,000.00
- Death of Pedestrian Results in $195,000.00 Fine to Sudbury Company
- Worker Fatality in Brampton, Company Fined $175,000.00
- Worker Struck by Flying Metal, $60,000.00 for Montreal Company
- Worker Pulled into Traffic and Injured, Employer Fined $50,000.00
- First Nickel Inc Fined $1,300,000.00 After Two Workers Killed at Mine
- Two Companies Fined a Total of $285,000 After Worker Fatally Electrocuted by Overhead Lines
- Company Fined $125,000 for Death of Worker Struck by Falling Conveyor Frame
- Brampton Roofer Manufacturer Fined $65,000 After Worker Injury
- Freight Company Fined $85,000 After Worker Suffers Permanent Injury
- Ontario Triple the Maximum Fine to $1.5 Million for Companies for Health and Safety Violations
Copyright © Sooley's Safety Service. All rights reserved.
Sooley's Safety Services
Health and Safety Monthly Newsletter
Please use the form to the right to sign up and receive email information about health and safety tips, tools, consulting and training specials through our monthly newsletter.
August 2018 - https://gem.godaddy.com/p/a30dac?fe=1&pact=350-146662842-9999369889-7c816ff6e44e8e8e1fbcdf9b07f25b11a1e32b2c
July 2018 - https://gem.godaddy.com/p/020a7c?fe=1&pact=309-146103562-9999369889-6b65dcc2ca784c44d9114d993fac8832a6bbbe22
June 2018 - https://gem.godaddy.com/p/04a64c?fe=1&pact=291-145556413-9999369889-92d912b3160db62c70848489cc4d428469299b05
May 2018 - https://gem.godaddy.com/p/8ff41c?fe=1&pact=234-145034410-9999369889-dc77707ece15ee15c536671b8a38bc96c53da2b3
April 2018 - https://gem.godaddy.com/p/3ac2fb?fe=1&pact=199-144687639-9999369889-9524904a38efd0be9fa1099b0da72b80e49a37c8
March 2018 - https://gem.godaddy.com/p/ab85cb?fe=1&pact=172-144234065-9999369889-8e360e38e8c99c6bf950b970a1ea1bbbb9404cab
February 2018 - https://gem.godaddy.com/p/e8ba9b?fe=1&pact=118-143805162-9999369889-029bbda65c14b07d422ec30d3078d788b0c0b0a6
January 2018 - https://gem.godaddy.com/p/dad53b?fe=1&pact=92-143569140-9999369889-17c062b94e9fa7be3e069fe81a16a827052d9e92